AD680 Global Supply Chains
Case Study #2: Ashmark Corporation: Dealing with Supply Disruption
Ivey Publishing, Case W15358
This case study illustrates the management of external suppliers at an OEM and associated risks. The case is unique in that it takes place in the bowels of a global supply chain and is presented from the point of view of a Tier I supplier. Prior to reading the case, be sure to familiarize yourself with the definition of an OEM, and the meaning of Tier I, II, and III suppliers.
Working in teams, provide one response per team to each of the following questions. Be sure to follow APA guidelines included on the course Blackboard site.
Address the following questions (in at least one case, find an article that supports your statements):
1. List two reasons why Red Star was a good supplier.
2. List two reasons why Red Star was not a good supplier.
3. What were two key “issues” with the Red Star-Ashmark relationship that led to the situation presented in the case? For each issue cited, what “red flag” should have caused concern at Ashmark.
4. Discuss either an advantage or disadvantage of Ashmark using multiple suppliers for the low volume parts made by Red Star.
5. List an action taken by Ashmark immediately after the bankruptcy and discuss its effectiveness.
6. Describe a future action that could be taken at Ashmark.
Your team should submit one Word file, with a title page containing your names and the case study name.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more