TEDx. (2020, January 10). What is Money? And Could Bitcoin Be the Best One? | Jad Mubaslat. [Video]. YouTube.
4. In 500 words or more produce an original post that answers the following questions:
- According to Jad Mubaslat what are the benefits of a decentralized currency like Bitcoin?
- If you had to choose one, which system (centralized fiat money or decentralized Bitcoin) would prefer to have as a form of currency? Explain your rationale with examples.
5. Produce two responses (replies) addressing at least two other classmates. These replies may respond to questions made of your post or can critique a classmate’s response to the main question. Your replies must contain the following elements:
- It must explicitly state which of the 5 Intellectual Standards (Clarity, Accuracy, Precision, Relevance, and Logic) you are addressing.
- It must contain a question of a classmate’s response or it must be a response addressing questions made about your post.
Note that a single reply may both address a question and post a question.
For example, if in your opinion, the reason or rationale someone used to select one of the 3 videos was not clear, you can point that out by asking questions of Clarity, and by addressing what was unclear about the statement. An effective reply may look like this; Clarity and Precision can be improved. “when you wrote about _________, I was not sure if you meant _________ or ________. Can you say that in a different way? Can you be more specific?”.
To earn full credit, in this discussion, you are required to produce One (1) Post and Two (2) Replies to classmates AND reply to everyone who responds to your post. The goal is to have engaging conversations about this topic throughout the week. Your grade will be based on how Clear, Precise, Accurate, Relevant, and Logical your posts and replies are and how engaged you are throughout the week in the conversations. Each entry (a Post or a Reply) is weighted equally.