Exam: 086003RR – Capacitors and Inductors
1. What is the time constant of a 0.01 microfarad capacitor and a 600 ohm resistor connected in series?
A. 60 µS
B. 60 mS
C. 6 µS
D. 6 mS
2. What is the total inductance of a circuit that contains two 10 µH inductors connected in parallel?
A. 8 µH
B. 15 µH
C. 20 µH
D. 5 µH
3. A circuit contains a 2 microfarads and 6 microfarads capacitor connected in series. What is the total
capacitance of this circuit?
A. 3.6 microfarads
B. 16 microfarads
C. 1.5 microfarads
D. 8 microfarads
4. A 15 H and a 20 H inductor are connected in parallel. What is the total inductance of this circuit?
A. 2.46 H
B. 8.57 H
C. 35 H
D. 22.6 H
5. A circuit contains a 2 microfarads and a 20 microfarads capacitor connected in parallel. What is the total
capacitance of the circuit?
A. 18 microfarads
B. 1.8 microfarads
C. 22 microfarads
D. 9.6 microfarads
6. What action should always be taken before working on a circuit with an electrolytic capacitor or another
A. Check the capacitor with an LCR meter.
B. Place the VOM’s leads directly to the capacitor.
C. Discharge the capacitor.
D. Disconnect the bleeder resistor.
7. A circuit contains a 10 pF capacitor and a 50 pF capacitor connected in parallel. What is the total
capacitance of this circuit?
A. 8.3 pF
B. 50 pF
C. 25 pF
D. 60 pF
8. On an electrolytic or paper capacitor, what does the black band indicate?
A. That the capacitor’s negative lead is near the band
B. That the capacitor’s voltage rating is less than 100 VDC
C. That the capacitor has a value less than 10 mF
D. That the capacitor is color coded to military specifications
9. Which of the following capacitor types has the lowest insulation resistance and therefore, the highest
10. What type of capacitor has great stability and is up to three times smaller than a standard electrolytic
11. An inductor stores a charge
A. as a magnetic field in its dielectric.
B. in an insulating material in the circuit.
C. as a magnetic field surrounding the conductor.
D. in the electric field between its plates.
12. An electronic circuit has a 60 mH inductor and a 30 mH inductor connected in parallel. What is the
total inductance of the circuit?
A. 20 mH
B. 75 mH
C. 35 mH
D. 90 mH
13. What is the dielectric constant of ceramic?
14. A circuit contains a 20 microfarads capacitor and a 60 microfarads capacitor connected in parallel.
What is the total capacitance of the circuit?
A. 40 microfarads
B. 80 microfarads
C. 58 microfarads
D. 15 microfarads
15. What is the time constant of a 5 mH inductor and a 1,000 ohm resistor connected in series?
A. 50 mS
B. 5 mS
C. 5 µS
D. 50 µS
16. An RC circuit contains a 2,000 ohm resistor and a 0.5 microfarad capacitor connected in series. What
is the time constant of this circuit?
A. 100 µS
B. 10 mS
C. 1 mS
D. 10 µS
17. What is the time constant of a 10 H inductor and a 200 ohm resistor connected in series?
A. 5 mS
B. 50 mS
C. 5 µS
D. 50 µS
18. What is the total inductance of a circuit that contains two 22 mH inductors in parallel?
A. 5.5 mH
B. 11 mH
C. 22 mH
D. 44 mH
19. What type of capacitor uses aluminum oxide as its dielectric?
20. An electronic circuit contains a 20 mh and a 60 mh inductor connected in parallel. What is the total
inductance of this circuit?
A. 80 mh
B. 15 mh
C. 66 mh
D. 30 mh
21. A circuit contains four 20 µH inductors connected in series. What is the total inductance of this circuit?
A. 16.2 µH
B. 80 µH
C. 60 µH
D. 24 µH
22. A mica capacitor has the color dot code of orange, black, orange. What is the capacitance of this
A. 0.003 microfarads
B. 0.03 microfarads
C. 0.033 microfarads
D. 0.3 microfarads
23. Which of the following values is equal to one microfarad?
A. 1 × 10
B. 1 × 10
C. 1 × 10
D. 1 × 10
24. What is the time constant of a 1 microfarad capacitor and a 200 ohm resistor connected in series?
A. 2 mS
B. 200 µS
C. 20 µS
D. 20 mS
25. What type of meter is used to directly find the capacitance value of an unknown capacitor or to check
the condition of a known capacitor?
B. VOM meter
C. Megohm meter
D. LCR meter
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more